LUDLOW Colts came from behind to beat Ledbury Town Reserves 3-1 last week to lift the Herefordshire FA Junior Cup.

Ledbury took the lead early in the tie as Sam Branch’s header broke the deadlock, but goals from Ali Holder, Martin Edwards and a goal in stoppage time from Jack Gittoes sealed the win for Ludlow.

Proud Colts manager Scott Mackenzie said at one point the game could have gone either way, but his side kept pushing after equalising.

He said: “I’m very pleased and very proud. It was a very tight game, for a good part of that game it was very equal, very even.

“Chances at both ends, but second half we seemed too come alive a little bit. At one stage it was an even game, it could have gone either way.

“I think that first goal early on in the second half helped us, gave us a little boost and then getting that second goal at a crucial goal really kicked us on. I’m so proud of these boys.”

Ledbury took back control of the game after early shots from Ludlow’s Ali Holder and Dan Griffiths at the County Ground, as Ludlow goalkeeper Kieran Roche couldn’t keep out Sam Branch’s header after going down to deny an initial shot.

Josh Burns came inches away from doubling Ledbury’s lead but fired wide after getting on the end of Ali Holder’s threaded through ball.

Into the second half, Ludlow were quick to catch Ledbury on the counter and pulled themselves back level. Dan Crowlsher found the back of the net with a shot that rendered the ‘keeper helpless.

Ludlow started to dominate and were firmly in the driving seat when substitute Martin Edwards took advantage of a disastrous defensive error.

Matti Holder slipped and let the ball to run through for Edwards to bury past Nathan Ince from close range.

With only one goal separating the two sides in the dying stages of the game, a quick break from Ludlow saw Jack Gittoes cut in from the right and he confidently found the back of the net.

Ludlow are now hoping for a league and cup double after beating Hereford Lads Club 4-0 on Saturday.

The Colts looked a little flat early in the tie and were suffering from Cup Final hangover despite Bryn Martin heading just over the bar in the first 90 seconds.

Colts did take the lead after 16 minutes when Dan Griffiths broke down the right taking on and beating four players before coolly slotting home for his 17th goal of the season.

Lads Club weren’t without their chances hitting the post and having a shot saved off the line by Dean Harding.

Jack Gittoes missed a golden opportunity to make it two before Simon Bradley had a shot cleared off the line in the dying minutes of the first half.

Finally on the 57th minute the second goal came as Gittoes made no mistake.

Two minutes later and Colts hit the bar and the post only for the ball to rebound straight into the goalkeeper's hands.

Then on 79 minutes Ludlow were awarded a penalty after a blatant foul on Gittoes in the box, up stepped Dean Harding who fired home.

In the dying minutes a mix-up between a Lads Club defender and their keeper saw John Brick free to shoot for goal with Dan Griffiths on the far post to tap it home.