ORLETON COLTS boss Kristian Morgan reckons his side can use their draw against Leominster Town as a springboard to some better results.

The Colts remain 12th in the Herefordshire County League Premier following Saturday’s 1-1 home draw.

Leominster took the lead but Nathan Hardisty rescued a point for Orleton with ten minutes to go.

While not the victory Morgan and the Colts would have hoped for, the boss saw it as a point gained rather than two dropped.

“When you score late on, you’ve got to see it as a positive point,” Morgan said.

“It’s important not to lose to the teams around you and let them gain ground on you in the table.

“We had six or seven players missing. We had a team of 11 and that was it - it was a tough game.

“I’ve seen some improvement over the past few weeks and we’re hoping it will lead to better results.

“We’ve got Hereford Lads Club on Saturday and they haven’t won yet so we’ll be expecting points from that one.

“It’s a very big game for us. We can’t expect to turn them over easily and we’ll be treating it like every other game.”

It was a successful weekend for the Tenbury sides as United and Town both won away from home.

Tenbury United put in a fantastic performance to win 3-1 at high-flying Ewyas Harold.

Luke Gill made two excellent saves early on for United but Ewyas took the lead from a corner in the 30th minute.

United were soon level through a Gavin Podmore header and they grabbed the three points late on.

Lee Millichip rose highest to head United in front with ten minutes left before Toby Gittens sealed the win with a good finish.

Dean Morris and Ian Patterson both hit hat-tricks, meanwhile, as Tenbury Town thrashed Pegasus Reserves 8-0.

Adam Everall and Alex Bright were also on target for Town as they bounced back from the 11-1 home defeat to Wellington Rangers two weeks prior.

In the Herefordshire County League Division One, Ludlow Colts picked up a point after a 12-goal thriller at Hereford City.

Colts staged a fantastic comeback after going 5-0 down relatively early on. They brought it back to 5-4 before Hereford scored again.

Ludlow grabbed two goals to make it 6-6 before hitting the post in the last minute.

Jack Bright and George Sankey both got doubles whilst Dan Griffiths and Charlie Gould also scored.

Elsewhere, Woofferton gained ground on leaders Kingstone Rovers after they beat bottom club Fownhope Reserves 3-2.

Cameron Fanning’s hat-trick was just about enough for Woofferton and Kingstone’s draw with Holme Lacy Reserves means the Blues are now just four points adrift of top spot.

Boss Malcolm Barnard said: “We didn't play as well as I'd have liked but a win is a win and it's great when you still get three points after playing poorly.”