A CONVICTED robber accused of a cricket bat attack on a drug dealer's home was told his defence was 'ridiculous'.

The jury is expected to retire on Tuesday in the trial of Tommy Lee Jauncey and Scott Fewtrell at Worcester Crown Court. Jauncey, 22, previously of St George's Lane, Barbourne, Worcester and Fewtrell of Chedworth Drive, Warndon, Worcester deny affray and possession of offensive weapons - a cricket bat and a knife. A living room window was smashed during the incident at a terraced house in Mill Street, Diglis, Worcester, at around 5.20pm on October 23, 2017, the home of Paul Taylor who accepts he supplied cannabis to around 32 customers from that address.

Fewtrell accepts he was present but denies being a man at the door with a knife. Jauncey, said by the prosecution to be the man with the bat, denies he was there at all, claiming he spent the whole day with someone else's girlfriend with whom he had been sleeping. Both men were arrested the following day, found hiding in a shed in Holly Grove, Bevere following a police chase in which a cricket bat and knife were thrown from the windows of a Fiat Punto. The Punto was found abandoned nearby on stolen plates with Jauncey's fingerprint on it. He denies theft of the plate.

Timothy Sapwell, prosecuting, told the jury that Jauncey's alibi, Jade, had provided no support for his account. He said: "She has not been co-operative in that regard. The reason she hasn't been he says is because she has been intimidated by Mr Taylor (the alleged victim) which I suggest is a ridiculous allegation."

He told the jury he had not been given the opportunity to put this allegation to Mr Taylor and told the panel Jauncey had 'made it up on the spot'.

Mr Sapwell said Jauncey had been identified by a police officer as the driver of the Punto at 5.03pm on the day of the incident and again at at 5.38pm, this time as a front seat passenger. Sian Taylor who lived at the address in Mill Street had also picked out Jauncey from nine photos during an identification procedure. Richard Hull, for Jauncey, said of the identification evidence: "Mistakes do happen." He said Mr Taylor said he had only seen the eyes of the person said by the prosecution to be Jauncey and had said he had 'mistaken him for Asian'. He said of Mr Taylor: "Is this a witness in respect of whom you can be confident?"

The trial continues.