MIDFIELDER Sean Evans has hailed the support from Ludlow Town boss Mike Seaborne after a traumatic chapter in his footballing career.

The 24-year-old Ludlow lad started the season for his home-town club as he made his comeback from an horrific leg injury.

Evans was told he might never play again after breaking his tibia and fibula playing for AFC Telford United in a pre-season friendly in August last year.

But the former Manchester United youngster has battled his way back.

The left-sided midfielder played around 10 games for Ludlow in the Shropshire County League Premier Division.

Now the ex-Ludlow School pupil is at Southern League Premier Division Stourbridge, who held League 2 Plymouth Argyle to a 3-3 draw in the FA Cup first-round last Saturday.

Evans came on as a 75th-minute substitute for the Glassboys at Home Park as Argyle levelled with just two minutes left.

Evans played for Ludlow at the be ginning of the campaign.

“I played about 10 games for Ludlow and I started to feel comfortable again,” said Evans.

“Ludlow knew I was only going to be there until I felt comfortable and Mike Seaborne, the manager, was fantastic.

“I enjoyed the banter and there are some good players at Ludlow.

Mike is brilliant - he knows his football and he knows it’s important to be friends with the players.”

Evans started his career at Shrewsbury Town in their Centre of Excellence before being spotted by Manchester United as a 16-year-old.

He played with the likes of Jonny Evans and Dar ron Gibson before being released at the age of 20.

Evans still speaks regularly to Fraizer Campbell, who is now at Premiership Sunderland. Campbell helped him through his dark days.

“Fraizer is the only one I really speak to now,”

said Evans, who works as a youth coach for Ludlow Town.

“We were both injured and we would speak to each other every other week.

“He suffered knee ligament damage and he did it again in a reserve match soon after making his return for Sunderland Reserves,”

Evans star red for Stourbridge in their previous FA Cup run and was at Telford when he suf fered his serious injury.

“We were playing well but, just four days before the start of that season, disaster struck,” he said.

“I had put everything in place, including a job, when I broke my leg and I was out for 15 months.”

T h e L u d l o w lad had an operation two months ago in which a screw was removed from his leg.

He has signed non-contract forms with Stourbridge and scored the opener last week in the Glassboys’ 6-0 FA Trophy second qualifying round replay demolition of Kendal.

“I think Stourbridge still believe I am a couple of games away from full fitness. They have seen me at my best and know what I am capable of.”

He hopes to be involved in Stourbridge’s FA Trophy third qualifying round tie at home to Chester City on November 26.

Stourbridge boss Gary Hackett says Evans has settled well on his return to the Midlands club.

“Sean has come back a lot better than I expected and is showing some glimpses of his old self,”

said the former ex- Shrewsbury, Aberdeen and West Brom player.

“He’s always kept in touch in me and he’s a fantastic lad.”

Evans says he has closed the chapter on the Manchester United part of his life but wants to follow in the footsteps of their legendary boss, Sir Alex Ferguson.

“It was getting over the Manchester United thing that was hard. I don’t talk about it very much,”

he said.

“That stage of my life has now gone but I will always remember it.”

But Evans added: “My main target is remain injury free this season and to be a football manager one day. It’s a long way off but it’s something that I want to do.”