HEREFORD manager Pete Beadle played his son in Tuesday night's HFA County Challenge Cup win over Tenbury United.

The 17-year-old came off the bench as the Bulls hammered the away side 15-1 to advance to the semi-finals.

"He's a neat and tidy player," said Beadle.

"He looks a bit un-gamely because he is as tall as he is, but he's got a nice touch and is a decent passer.

"I'm disappointed that he missed two headers because normally he's good in the air but he's done well.

"We brought him in because we were short of bodies but he thoroughly enjoys coming over and playing.

"He played in a behind closed doors game we had a couple of weeks ago with Monmouth.

"He's at Hartpury and works really hard.

"He plays for Brimscombe's reserves but I think he's a bit better than that if I'm honest.

"He's come training with us a couple of times and he's always done ok.

"For his development now I think he needs to be playing more games like tonight which he gets for his team on a Saturday.

Jamie Cuss also made a long awaited return from injury, again coming off the bench.

"He's not going to be flying on all cylinders just yet, but it's half an hour under his belt which is a big thing psychologically and mentally for him," added Beadle.

Hereford's class shone throughout, with Tenbury no match for the hosts.

The game was effectively over within a couple of minutes as Hereford opened up a 2-0 lead.

Adam Page – who scored five goals on the night – opened the scoring within seconds of the kick-off before Lance Smith doubled the advantage soon after.

Smith would go on score an 11 minute hat-trick before Page made it 5-0 from the penalty spot.

Patton then had his moment with a cracking goal on the half hour mark, but Hereford went on to score another goal within a minute through James Hancocks.

Smith scored again in the 36th minute to make it 7-1 before the home side went on to score another eight goals after the break.

Page sealed his hat-trick in the 50th minute before George Hayes netted a minute later.

Tenbury kept the scoring down for the next 20 minutes, but Hereford scored two quick goals courtesy of Page and Jamie Bird.

Page then netted goal number 12 nine minutes from time, with Bird grabbing his second on the night.

Two stoppage time goals sealed Tenbury's fate; an own goal making it 14-1 with Mike Symons scoring Hereford's 15th goal.

"We take a lot from the game, we've given a lot of youngsters a game again," added Beadle.

"It's always part of their development plan to play against seniors, playing against men, so we've taken a lot from that."