HEREFORD manager Pete Beadle has hailed his side after they reached the second round of the FA Cup.

A solitary goal from John Mills was enough to beat AFC Telford United 1-0 on a memorable day at Edgar Street.

"I think in football terms it's been a great day for us," said Beadle.

"In terms of games played it's parallel to the FA Vase run, it's got to be as we are now in the Second Round of the FA Cup which is a fantastic achievement.

AFC Telford were the better side in the first half, but the sending off of Jon Royle after an hour changed the game and Mills struck just eight minutes later.

Royle was dismissed following a hefty challenge on Pablo Haysham.

"Obviously it was a long way from us, but the fact that both sets of players reacted in the way they did, it was obviously a bad one," added Beadle.

"The referee dealt with it as he thought but it certainly changed the tide of the game in the fact that I thought first half we could have been two behind.

"It was almost like we played with a bit of fear, we looked a bit nervous.

"But then as the game wore on we grew into the game a little bit and we started to get a little bit more possession and a bit closer to them.

"We talked at half-time about being on the front foot and I thought we did it great second half.

"We imposed ourselves a little bit more on them which was important and then after the decision the game opened up and I thought we took more control of the game then."

AFC Telford counterpart Rob Edwards also felt the sending off was a game changer.

"The message at half time was continue doing what we're doing and expect the reaction because I thought we were dominant in the game," said Edwards.

"We should have been one or two goals up.

"I thought they started the second half more aggressively and didn't think there was too much in the game, with the sending off being the game changer.

"It really lifted the crowd and they built up a little bit of momentum.

"But I've got to look at some positives because there was some really nice play, especially in the first half.

"We just lacked a cutting edge and it wasn't there today.

"I just want to congratulate Hereford and wish them well in the next round and thank our fans, who I thought were excellent.

"It was great to see a big following and be involved in a game that had such a big crowd.

"But it's bitterly disappointing because we want to be in the next round."