FLYING Hereford winger Garyn Preen hopes he can enjoy the whole 90 minutes of this Saturday's FA Cup match against AFC Telford United.

Preen had a mixed afternoon in the last round at Eastleigh, scoring the Bulls' second goal before being taken to hospital following a sickening injury.

A hefty challenge from Eastleigh's Gavin Hoyte saw Preen lying on the ground for 10 minutes before he was stretchered off and taken to hospital.

Luckily, the injury wasn't too serious and Preen was able to be discharged later in the evening.

"I have seen the video clip back but I don't actually remember running down the line," said Preen.

"My dad was on the same side it happened and he actually told me when I got back that he was really nervous.

"There was blood coming from my ear, but fortunately it was a split ear and I just came away with a few stitches.

"I think I took an elbow to the side of the temple which split the ear.

"I was knocked out and hit the floor with my head and took quite a big bang.

"I just remember waking up in the ambulance on a spinal board.

"But as soon as I came round I slowly started remembering things.

"The first thing I remembered was scoring and the score as well."

Preen added that he received a lot of get well messages and he appreciates the support he received from the medical teams.

"I appreciate the support from the fans and heard them signing my name," he said.

"Loads of people have sent me good well messages, so I thank them.

"I'm positive I can move on now and pick up where I left."

Preen came off the bench in last Saturday's FA Trophy win against Weymouth and started Tuesday night's league encounter against Dunstable.

Now he is hopeful of starting again this Saturday.

"Leading up to the Telford game, I wanted to get as many minutes as I can," said Preen.

"Before my injury, I think it was going to pretty well and I had scored a few goals.

"Obviously I scored the second goal at Eastleigh, but it was unfortunate what happened afterwards.

"But these things happen in football."