GOALKEEPER Steve Sumner was Tenbury Town’s hero as they sealed a place in the semi-finals of the Herefordshire League's Jock Handley Cup.

Sumner saved two Brimfield FC spot-kicks in Town’s first-ever penalty shoot-out cup triumph.

Darren Worthington’s men edged out local rivals Brimfield FC 3-0 in the penalty shoot-out after the quarter-final tie at Palmer’s Meadow had finished 2-2 after extra time.

Town spokesman Carl Lambert said: “Brimfield had been a bogey side for us and in our previous encounters the former Woofferton reserves side had always come away with the spoils. But goes around comes around and this time it was our day.”

Craig Breakwell put Brimfield ahead but Town levelled through Alex Bright after Ash Botwood’s free kick was parried and Chris Patton’s shot was also blocked.

Town took the lead when Botwood’s appeared to hit a defender in the face before being palmed into the net by Brimfield’s goalkeeper.

Tom ' Dickie ' Everall levelled to force extra-time and then Town prevailed in the shoot-out through Botwood, Al Lombardi and Patton.

Brimfield boss Duncan Morris said: “We were poor in the first half and Tenbury Town fully deserved their win. We were made to pay for our mistakes and it was difficult to get back into the game once we'd conceded two soft goals.”

Brimfield FC travel to Bromyard FC this Saturday in the semi-finals of the Burghill Cup, while Tenbury Towm are at Ewyas Harold Reserves this weekend in the quarter-finals of the HFA Junior Cup.

A late strike from prolific marksman Dan Gower helped Woofferton progress to the semi-finals of the Burghill Cup, after a 1-0 success at Ewyas Harold Reserves.

Woofferton goalkeeper James Robertson made an excellent save to deny Harold a late equaliser, coming off his line to parry a goal bound strike.

Woofferton’s win sets up a derby encounter with neighbours Orleton Colts on March 29.

Veteran player Dave ‘'Magnum' Thomas said: ''We'd spent all morning trying to get players for the game because we had some working or injured.

“It is a great testament to the 11 who travelled to Harold that we got the win with a depleted squad.

''We now have a great chance of getting to the final, although I'm sure that the Orleton lads will be trying to stop us.”

The tie at Harold was evenly contested and seemed to be heading towards extra time when Woofferton finally broke through.

Sean McNally’s long through-ball set Gower free to power home a shot from the edge of the box.

Steve Chadd's Blues host Orleton Colts Reserves this weekend in the quarter finals of the Leintwardine Cup.