A SERIOUS foot injury suffered by Brimfield’s Tom Worrallo marred Woofferton’s penalty shoot-out triumph over their rivals in the HFA Junior Cup quarter-finals.

Woofferton goalkeeper Dan Bradley saved a spot-kick in the shoot-out before Dan Gower slotted the decisive penalty after the tie had finished 1-1 after extra time.

The twice-postponed tie was held up for around an hour in the first half after Worrallo sustained an injury that needed medical treatment.

James Byatt fired Brimfield ahead in the second half but Gower’s cross was headed home by Simon Bradley.

Woofferton winger Nathan Scott rattled the bar with a long-range shot with minutes remaining, but the tie went in to extra time.

Both teams tired - neither team had played for 10 weeks due to the wet weather – before Steve Chadd’s men took the derby plaudits.

Kenny Edwards’ strike could not stop Orleton Colts from crashing 3-1 at Sinkums, also in a HFA Junior Cp quarter-final tie.

Goals in extra-time from Aaron Gough and Max Jarrold sent holders Church Stretton Town through to the quarter-finals of the Mercian League Premier Division Cup after a 2-0 home success over Oakengates Athletic. Stretton will now travel to Morda United in the last-eight.

Stretton joint-boss Joe Leask said: “We had six lads away on a stag party, so we used the depth of our squad.”

Bishops Castle Town boss Andrew Green was disappointed with the match officials after Jack Wilson was red-carded in a 3-2 defeat at Childs Ercall in the Mercian League Division One.

The match was poised at 1-1 when Wilson was dismissed in the first half of Saturday’s top of the table match.

Green said: “Jack Wilson went in for a 50/50 challenge and then lost his balance. When he was getting back up his knee accidentally caught the lads in the face. Jack didn’t mean to do it and the referee didn’t see it. But the assistant0referee alerted the referee and Jack was needlessly sent off for violent conduct and it spoiled the match.

Earlier, Niall Thomas had put Castle ahead but Ercall swept into a 3-1 lead before Green struck to give his side hope.

Newcastle bowed out of the Pip Samuel (Electrical) Mid Wales South League Cup going down to losers Rhayader Town Reserves 2-0.

Central defenders Richard Jones and Simon Oakley were outstanding for depleted Newcastle, who travel to Bronllys this Saturday in Mid Wales League South.

Tenbury Colts suffered a 7-0 drubbing at Dore Valley in Herefordshire League Division Three but there was better news for Tenbury Athletic, who recorded a 2-0 home win over HWX in Jewson Polypipe Herefordshire Sunday League Division One North.

A hat-trick from Lisa Preece and a goal from Kerry Taylor helped Ludlow Ladies to a thrilling 4-3 win over Bartestree in the semi-final of the Worcester and Hereford League Cup.

Two first-half goals from Preece and superb saves from Loz Smith helped Ludlow open up a 2-0 lead at the break.

Preece completed her treble and then Taylor came off the bench to wrap up Ludlow’s win, despite a Bartestree comeback and a controversial goal.

Ludlow defended strongly through Donna Powell Lisa Preece, to set up a final showdown with Evesham.