Tenbury 10 pts Greyhound 7 pts – match void.

TENBURY Rugby Club captain Pete Stevens must rally his troops for a rematch with rivals Greyhound – after last weekend’s result was declared void.

Greyhound appealed that Saturday’s match had been contested for fewer than 60 minutes after stoppages for hail and a player stretchered off for an injury.

Now, the teams will be battling it out at Palmer’s Meadow this Saturday in another important basement clash in Midlands Four West (North).

North Midlands RFU spokesman Paul Bolton confirmed: “The league secretary reviewed the circumstances and, having spoken to the referee, it was decided that the likelihood was that fewer than 60 minutes, the minimum required for a result, had been played. Therefore the match will be replayed.”

Stevens admitted that it will be interesting facing Hereford-based Greyhound in back-to-back Saturdays.

“We are disappointed because, at the end of the game, the referee had played the full game as far as Tenbury were concerned,” said Stevens.

“We had a penalty and we kicked the ball down to their 22 when the referee blew the final whistle.

"We felt we could have pinned Greyhound back in their 22 for at least another five minutes.

“But I saw the e-mails from Greyhound and they were not happy and wanted the game to be replayed.

“As it happens, we are happy to replay the match.

"It will be another huge game and we will definitely have a score to settle with them.”

The teams were taken off the field by the referee after there was a hail storm, with thunder and lightning also causing problems.

“The weather conditions were horrendous,” said Stevens.

“We have never played in a hailstorm as bad as that.”

Luke Britton cut through for a superb score and Will Gough also touched down for a push-over try.

“Stevens said: Sam Hayes was held up over the line, Andrew Wilkes went over the line and touched the ball down but the referee could not see the grounding and did not award a try.

“Andy Black and Brittain played in the centres and Wilkes at fly-half was amazing.

“There was a lot riding on the match and there were a lot of tackles flying in. We matched them very well in the forwards.

“We were comfortable for the first 15 minutes but there were times when they were pushing hard to get back into the match.”

Stevens is expecting to have a strong squad available but he is sweating over the fitness of former Luctonians prop Rob Yeomans.