LEINTWARDINE Colts’ boss Chris Shurmer said he was ‘annoyed and frustrated’ after his side lost 2-1 to crash out of the Leintwardine Cup at the quarterfinal stage.

Ian Patterson put Tenbury Town ahead in the first-half, swivelling to hit home a looping volley, and Ashley Botwood struck from the penalty spot in the 89th minute.

Shurmer’s side hit back in the dying seconds when Chris Williams slotted home.

“It’s our own cup and we’re out of it again,” fumed Shurmer. “When we went 2-0 down with a minute to go, I told the lads on the sideline that I could guarantee them that we would now score.

“It was very annoying and frustrating.”

He added that Jake Goode’s thunderbolt hit the bar and Stuart Skidmore’s long-range lob flew over.

Woofferton kept alive their dreams of an all-Woofferton final after their first team shot down Shobdon 4-2 and their Colts defeated Sinkums Colts by the same score.

At Shobdon, Steve Chadd’s Woof ferton twice fell behind before hitting back through Simon Bradley and Nathan Scott to take the tie into extra-time.

Bradley put Woof ferton 3-2 ahead, volleying in Scott’s cross, and Jack Ingram wrapped up the win.

Craig Breakwell fired in a hattrick and Tom Ballard also netted as Duncan Morris’ Woofferton Colts swept aside Sinkums.

Church Stretton joint-manager Joe Leask admitted a ‘wrong substitution’ led to his side’s 3-0 home defeat in the Shropshire FA Challenge Cup third round.

Nathan Hodge, who has been offered a deal at Conference outfit Kidderminster Harriers, scored two late goals for higher-graded Haughmond.

“I made two changes around the 70-minute mark and I got one of them wrong,” said Leask.

“It was 0-0 and I replaced our leftback, Paul Smith, and I should have replaced Sam Bowen, who was on a yellow card.”

The visitors took the lead on 75 minutes after ex-Stretton player Dean Richards made the most of a defensive lapse to fire home. Matt Newton’s strike looped over before Hodge struck twice to seal Haughmond’s cup success.

Stretton rattled the woodwork in the second-half, Anthony Prince tipping Sean Gough’s effort on to the underside of the bar.

Clee Hill United goal-scorer Liam Whitbread was delighted after they sealed a 2-1 win at Meole Brace to march into the semifinals of the Mercian League Division One Cup.

The hosts opened the scoring against the run of play before Matt Walford hit back to level. Manager’s son, Liam Whitbread, tapped in the winner after a cross from Scott Jordan.

“Nick Wilding and Robbie Jordan had good games for us,” said Liam.

“We are now through to the semifinal of the league cup and it’s the first time in a while.”

Hill host Highley Miners Welfare this Saturday in the last-16 of the Shropshire FA Junior Challenge Cup.

Wayne Grif fiths’ brace led Bucknell to a 4-1 success at St Harmon in the Mid Wales League (South). Adam Ray and Ryan Bufton also netted for Bucknell, who are unbeaten in seven matches.

Newcastle crashed to a 2-0 home defeat against league leaders, Builth Wells Reserves.

A goal late in each half from Liam Ryland and Jamie Evans proved suf ficient for Builth to move a point clear at the top.

Norbury suffered a 3-1 defeat against A1 Scaf folding in the Shropshire Sunday Challenge Cup second-round.

Andrew Edwards was outstanding for Norbury, who levelled at 1-1 when Craig Morris converted Kieran Mulloch's free-kick.